Tips On How To Write A Personal Statement In A Couple Of Days
A personal statement can be written in a couple hours but since it is such an important document, you have to take a couple days just to make sure that it is perfect. A personal statement is something you write so you can get a job or get into a school and you want it to showcase who you are as a person. That is why if you only have a couple days to perfect it, you better use those days wisely.
Tips On How To Write Your Personal Statement
- The first thing you want to do is come up with what you want to write about. Think about yourself and what experience might be the one you use for your statement. Keep in mind your school or job you are applying for and consider that in your brainstorming.
- Now that you have your idea, write you entire personal statement, just write it and don’t stop until you finish it. It doesn’t have to be perfect the first time; the point is just to get it done.
- After you are done writing your personal statement, don’t look at it for a couple hours or even a day. Come back to it after awhile and then you can read over it.
- When you are reading over your personal statement, you are looking for context, is there anything you should add or take out? Does it should like something that is interesting to read? Make sure you have a beginning, middle, and end also.
- Now that you have fixed the minor problems, go back and correct any sentence structure, grammar, or spelling errors in it. You want to make sure that you don’t send it in with errors.
- Have a friend or family member read over your personal statement and see if they can spot any errors. They can also give you feedback that you can use to tweak your story.
- Read over it at least two or three more time to see if you missed anything.
After you have read over the entire essay and it is perfect then you can send it in. This is just as stressful as writing it but you did all of the hard work and now all you have to do it set back and wait to hear if you got it or not. Good luck!