Writing An Expository Paper Overnight
Sometimes students can’t help it when they find themselves literally hours away from an essay deadline. You may have a busy schedule juggling multiple obligations or you found yourself constantly pushing back when you would get started writing. Well, now the time has come in which you can finally sit down and start your essay; except you have to do it when you should be in bed. So is this really possible for you to write an essay in this short time span? The following points may help you recognize steps to take to get your content completed before the deadline.
- Make sure you have read through essay guidelines and instructions carefully.
- The expository essay is written in a way that explains or defines the main idea. It may help to have a topic selected that you feel you can explain in a clear concise manner. You are not working to persuade or argue an opinion but to explain how something happens or has happened.
- Have an outline created to help you plug in details. This may give a basic idea on where your details will appear. Your essay will likely have 5 paragraphs including the introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. You may have notes or things you want to include and you can write them in each section of the outline. This can help speed up the writing process.
- Once you have written your essay then it is time to refine it. In many cases you have written a rough draft and then you go back and revise it to develop your final draft. When revising your content it helps to focus on just the details and data you have included. Read over what you wrote to make sure it comes together logically. Use words to help define or explain your main idea.
- Your body paragraphs should help support the thesis statement while detailing how or explaining why they each relate. The paragraphs between the introduction and conclusion should provide points that support the main idea. Each paragraph can explain one point. The conclusion should summarize the main idea but you don’t have to include new information.
- Proofread and edit your essay. At this point, you may want to go to bed and wake up in the morning to finish this task. It may depend on the time and how you feel. If you are tired it may be more difficult to pick out errors.